Harold & Susan Vordos

"Joe" wrote in message
OK, not really metal-related, but I need to machine some acrylic stock

and
was wondering what a good coolant or lubricant would be? I've read that
30% liquid Ivory soap-70% water works, but are there any others to
consider?

Blown air or even cooled air. There are companies that make liquid-free
coolant systems that work witha simple compressor. They take compressed
air and blow air at 0 or colder I think... But you may have to experiment
as it may cause the acrylic to become brittle.
--

Avoid solvents--which often create crazing of the surface.

Harold