xrongor

you can call a lawyer.

or you can follow all the internet advice and then end up calling one
anyway, hoping you havent screwed yourself in the process.

randy

"rck" wrote in message
ink.net...
Just paid licensed, bonded, insured plumber $850. When he finished the
work, he turned water back on and didn't check for leaks. There was
nothing obvious at first, but 15 minutes after he left the bedroom carpet
was soaked in one corner. He had put the ferrule in backwards in a
compression fitting in the bathroom. I fixed that leak and phoned his
answering machine to express my displeasure and ask him what he was going
to do about the stained carpet. An hour later I discovered a second leak
on a compression fitting on 5/8 inch copper pipe. I phoned again and again
and he won't call back. Since this guy is licensed, should I notify the
state licensing board? I'm afraid to call another licensed plumber because
the next guy might be worse than the first one so I'll get out my torch
and sweat in a decent fitting to replace the compression fitting, but I'm
still p*ssed about the carpet. I somehow thought a licensed professional
would know how to connect two pipes together.

Bob