John Willis

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 03:50:03 GMT, "rck"
scribbled this interesting note:

Just paid licensed, bonded, insured plumber $850. When he finished the work,
he turned water back on and didn't check for leaks. There was nothing
obvious at first, but 15 minutes after he left the bedroom carpet was soaked
in one corner. He had put the ferrule in backwards in a compression fitting
in the bathroom. I fixed that leak and phoned his answering machine to
express my displeasure and ask him what he was going to do about the stained
carpet. An hour later I discovered a second leak on a compression fitting on
5/8 inch copper pipe. I phoned again and again and he won't call back. Since
this guy is licensed, should I notify the state licensing board? I'm afraid
to call another licensed plumber because the next guy might be worse than
the first one so I'll get out my torch and sweat in a decent fitting to
replace the compression fitting, but I'm still p*ssed about the carpet. I
somehow thought a licensed professional would know how to connect two pipes
together.

Bob

Some of the reasons I dislike plumbers and compression fittings!:~)

--
John Willis
(Remove the Primes before e-mailing me)