T i m

Default Cleaning washing machine internals?

Hi All,

Since I seem to have got our washing machine going again (motor was
tripping the RCD) it seems to be making a sort od 'drain' type smell.

Its not leaking, it isn't the drain but I did clean some of that grey
'gunge' out from round the door seal and just inside the drum.

The guy in the local white goods shop suggested modern low temperature
washes tend to allow soap and fats to buld up inside the machine,
stuff that might have been washed away at higher temps.

He also suggested using a 'hot wash' say once a month with a bottle of
white vinager added for good measure?

My question, would that be strong enough to clear an older 'built up'
machine or is there something more effective please?

All the best ..

T i m