Joe

Does anyone have experience working with ironwood? I have a client that
has requested its use in the construction of his bed, and I have no
experience at all with it. Looking around online I found that its from
Hawaii and very dense, and supposedly hard on tools as a result, but
was hoping for someone who could confirm or deny that from first hand
exerience.

The only thing I can tell you is that the harder / dryer the wood, the
easier it is to drill in a standard fashion. Less "gummy"a nd the chips
move away easier...

For instance, I'll drill Oak any day before I do Pine...

Ironwood is supposedly on the harder end of the spectrum so I would assume
it might be harder to turn or work but easier to drill.
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

V8013