Dan

On Mon 24 Jan 2005 06:07:25a, "Dave Jackson" wrote in
ink.net:

That's strange, all the Vega fences I've seen are adjusted simply by
loosening the two screws that attach the indicator window to the
fence, and lining it up on the zero. Do you have an oddball unit?
--dave

Oddball for the saw, I guess. There's not enough movement in that indicator
window to get all the way to zero. Closest I could come was a bit more than
a quarter inch, if I recall correctly. I chose to zero it at a half an inch
to make it easier. 10 and a quarter inches is 10 and 3/4, etc. It's a bit
of a pain when I'm dealing with 16ths, but not terrible. Set it at the
right measurment, then move it exactly one half inch more. It's still
always right on the money.

I bought a new stick-on scale, and someday I'm gonna take replace this one
with the new one. I guess it's a measure of how little it bothers me that
I've had that new scale for about a year now and haven't bothered. :-)