On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 15:58:51 -0500, gregg wrote:

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 11:12:53 -0600, Phil wrote:

I've always struggled with organization, but after 30 years a few hings
are starting to come around. I have a large area of pegbboard that has
been under utilized. Years ago I organized all my clamps in one area of
pegboard, made sense. Last year, I realized another area of pegboard
would make sense with grouping measuring tools. i.e. rules, squares,
levels. This morning I think hand cutting, saws, chisels, shears, saw
blades.
I'm to old to wait another 30 years, what ideas are out there for shop
organization?

My latest incarnation is to hang 1"x12"x24" pine boards with French cleats
and hang tool categories on each board. Some of the boards are 16" wide.
One board has wrenches/pliers. one has marking tools one will have chisels
etc.

If I'm reading you right, that means you can reorganize the layout any
time you want just by moving the boards. Clever!

--RC
"Sometimes history doesn't repeat itself. It just yells
'can't you remember anything I've told you?' and lets
fly with a club.
-- John W. Cambell Jr.