Gerald Miller

On 24 Jan 2005 07:46:31 -0800, wrote:

I have been remodeling my shop...and wanted to build some storage
systems to solve some of my clutter problems....I think I have a good
idea I would like to share...

snip

It is a great system the I hope others can use. If anyone is intersted
I would be happy to post some photos.

I have a centre wall in my basement rather than post and beam. One
side of this wall has chip board (OSB) sheeting, on the other side I
ran horizontal 1"x2" about 6" apart. Each stud space holds three
tobacco tins of sorted hardware. My previous shop had block walls,
here, I used 1"x4" studs anchored to the wall.
For sorting etc., I use a slice off the side of a plastic jug which
can be tilted and flexed to pour the contents back into the container.
I use tobacco cans because I used to smoke a pipe, and our office
manager rolled her own cigarettes, but any uniform sized containers
could be used, plastic tubs with lids in the half litre size would
work well, although straight sided containers are better as I print
1 1/4 x 14 paper labels and hold them on with 2" clear packaging tape
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada