Anthony

Dave Hinz wrote in news:35kkq8F4lufb6U15
@individual.net:

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 17:38:05 -0600, DanG wrote:

After you have played for a while and can at least push the right
stick at the right time and have some problems, pay your excavator
friend to come watch you for an hour or so to show you what you
are doing wrong. Maybe a good cold refreshment would be payment
enough.

About levers - just for the record, on a Ford 4600 backhoe, the lever
to empty the bucket is right next to the lever to lower the arm. If
you're filling a wheelbarrow, this difference is critical.

Yes they are....tis what I ran... Those are fast backhoes.
I won a bet on that once for my boss. He and another guy who owned a
company were arguing about which was better, his Case, or my bosses
Fords. They marked off 100' and had us line up and race....I beat his
slow-assed Case by better than 30'. That old Ford may not have had the
grunt-down pulling power of the Case, but it was way faster. There were
extremely few situations where that bit of extra power would have made a
difference.

On a side note, a wheelbarrow cannot hold up the digging end of
a backhoe.

Hehe...

--
Anthony