DN B

Scott asked : 'If the igniter isn't working on a weekend is it possible
to manually light it, like you could with a stove with an electronic
ignition that's bad? I mean itsn't it really the same thing? Just
curious (and I don't have electronic ignition on my furnace, just asking
a theoretical question). I'm just wondring if there is a way to get
though the weekend and have the service performed on a weekday instead.'

Yes Scott...there is a way to get heat if the Hot Surface ignitor doesnt
work...but its only good for ONE cycle , then you have to do it again.
After the gas valve opens (youll hear it click ..) you simply hold a
long match in close proximity to the ignitor and the burners will ignite
the same as if the ignitor was doing it. This should only be done in an
extreme emergency however ; its always best to wait till a Serviceman
can come out if at all possible.