Paul B.

Robert11 wrote:
Hello:

Live in New England.

If I re-do my house with vinyl siding, which would go directly
over the present T1-11 wood siding which is in poor shape,
does it make sense to have installed styrofoam (or other)
insulation between the T1-11 and the vinyl ?

a. Would the added insulation R value (no idea what it would
be) justify the added installation cost ?

b. Does it make for a "better" or smoother job ?

c. Anything to be particularly aware of in work like this ?

Thanks, Bob

Vapor barriers are better on the inside of the wall, but this
rule seems to be broken very often these days. If I had a choice
I at least would use perforated foam, to let some of the moisture
out.

Paul

--
Given address is infrequently checked. Please reply to group.