raden

In message , John Stumbles
writes
raden wrote:
In message . com,
writes

My Ideal Isar has been a nightmare, having it's PCB replaced *six*
times during the warranty period.... Ideal want £170 to
visit (and hopefully fix it) - I can easily change the PCB myself but
who keeps them in stock (apart from Ideal themselves)? Or am I destined
to pay the £170?

... I have dozens of ICOS / ISAR pcbs waiting for me to get a test
set sorted to repair them. They are really crap

Any particular fault in common?

I've just been out to look at an ISAR whose PCB is blowing the fuse in
the mains FCU. Checked that it's not the inline filter or the switch:
I'm seeing about 3 ohms across L-N on the PCB/module connections with a
normal DMM (i.e. not a megger or anything stupid).

Have you seen this fault Geoff?

I mentioned earlier in the thread that for some reason I have a problem
with (simulating) flame detection, I don't know why. Without being able
to do this, I can't test the pcb other than it gets through part of the
sequence. I intend to have another go this week. If I have any success,
I'll report back. They do seem to be coming through thick and fast now

--
geoff