SteveF

"Eric R Snow" wrote in message
Well, I've been making a real mess of things. It takes lots of
practice to use one of these things! I can't see where the front of
the bucket is. I can't tell what angle the bucket is at. How far can
the tractor tilt before it rolls? I need a tilt meter. And all those
levers! I have always had plenty of respect for folks who operate
heavy equipment and make it look effortless. But now I REALLY respect
'em.
ERS

Yep. Just takes practice. The top lip on my front bucket is parallel to the
bottom (and is even marked that way) to help get things lined up. Don't have
a tilt meter on mine but when I start to get far enough over to get worried
I just swing the backhoe bucket out to the uphill side.

Steve.