willshak

On 1/24/2005 2:00 PM US(ET), took fingers to
keys, and typed the following:

If you really want to use less gas, I would be thinking about why you
do so many loads of laundry in the first place. I'm doing about 2 per
week.

Not everyone lives alone. I live with 3 adult females (don't get
excited, 2 are my daughters). We all shower and change clothes everyday,
some twice a day.
Towels alone can take two loads. Besides, with the women, there are
delicates that have to be washed separately from other clothes. I have a
1' x 2' square laundry chute dropping down from the second floor bedroom
area that is usually half full.
My wife does about 10 to 12 loads a week.
My water softener says we average 240 gallons of water per day.

--
Bill