PrecisionMachinisT

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,

does anybody have experience using a line-voltage thermostat
to drive something other than a heater? I would like to use one
to drive a 1/4 HP 115V electric motor, but I am concerned that
it might not work. The specs for most of them (for instance,
the Honeywell T4700) specify "resistive load only" and
furthermore they have a minimum power requirement of
500W. I am afraid that the power supply of the thermostat
itself relies on a certain amount of current flowing through
the wire.

From some of your other posts it sounds like you may have part of what could
be a really nice system in place, I suggest you should get a hold of a
contractor that specializes in industrial HVAC control systems and have him
add contactors and some kind of a low voltage zonal control system.

P.S. What's the deal with alt.hvac? Is it exclusively for people
who make a living out of HVAC installation/repair?

Not exactly true, but for all practical purposes close enough........

===

For example, if you wanted me to open up shop after hours and discuss
modifications or fabricate repair parts on the cheap for your gyrocopter,
wood chipper, dirt bike, ect. etc; then you had better at least bring along
some good beer......

If theres 'any' doubt in my mind whatsoever you are wanting me to do
something that may present a hazard yourself or others, I'm NOT gonna TOUCH
it with a ten foot pole.....and at this point it dont matter how much cash
you bring along, whether its during regular business hours or
otherwise......

--

SVL