John Rumm

DavidD wrote:

I need to rewire some bits of my cellar. I want to use conduit so I can run
power, phone and lan.

I think I'll be able to squeeze it all into 20mm, the question is where to

Not a good start, you need to keep the LAN and Phone segregated from the
power by at least 2" along its length.

get it, and the metal surface mount sockets?
I was thinking about screwfit but I have a feeing it might be a lot cheaper
elsewhere.

Screwfix are ok for conduit, but have a look at www.tlc-direct.co.uk as
well.

Also how does one join the conduit to the boxes? And what about junctions?

If you use surface mount metal clad sockets and back boxes then there
are knock outs in the box. You get threaded ends for the conduit that
screw into the hole in the box and have a socket to accept the end of
the conduit (Order code MT20FMA on page below).

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Ind...ite/index.html

Junctions are achieved with junction fittings oddly enough ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.