Leonard Caillouet

So which bytes were corrupt, how did you identify them, and what data did
you use to replace the corrupt data? The most common problem with many RCA
EEPROMS is the audio mute problem. Which byte is bad?

Leonard

"Wildcard" wrote in message

Seems like a lot of work for just a couple corrupted
bytes in the eeprom. In most of the eeprom related
problems I have found none of the eeprom's were
actually bad. The just had corrupted bytes in
the sectors that the micro won't write.

I pull the ic. Read it in a simple eeprom programmer.
fix the corrupted bytes in hex editor. then rewrite
the eeprom. Then it's just a simple matter of
installing a socket and reinstall the ic.

Works almost every time. As far as the orginal startup
data. As I ordered ic's orginally to fix these problems
I read each one and saved by part number. That gave me
my needed orginal settings. The only time I order a
rca orginal eeprom is when I don't have one on file.

Built the programmer out of bits and pieces sitting
around. Got the software off the net.