Nick Hull

In article .com,
"Conesus_Kid" wrote:

I'm wondering how much of the heat will escape to the upstairs if I
open this up. We currently have a woodstove in the living room as
well, which gets the living area pretty warm. My fear is that the
boiler will be firing all of the time while the refinished basement is
60 deg. F and the living room is 90 F.

Is this a reasonable fear to have, or will there be a more gradual
temperature gradient between the first story and the basement, since it
will be quite open between the two floors?

Heat goes up, the upstairs will be a bit warmer and the basement a bit
cooler. I have had my stairs open for 20 years and no problem, but I
like a cooler basement. You will not be able to heat the basement and
leave the upstairs cool, but the opposite works.

--
Free men own guns, slaves don't
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/