TURTLE

"Chris Lewis" wrote in message
According to TURTLE :

So you say there could be a small Nano-second longer for a double pole
breaker
to trip on one side and no amps on the other than a single pole breaker and
no
other breaker attached.

A nano-second is a very short time for a mechanical device. I'd suggest
it might make a 1 or 2 millisecond difference in trip time. Which might
be 10% of the trip time at max fault (20,000A), but fractional percentages
of more usual trips (10s of seconds).

I seen this on a old country bar in the middle of no where. They did not have
any singles at all but all doubles and when needing a single they just used 1
leg of the double. This place is fixing to burn soon.

But not because they were using one side of duals tho. It's likely to be
a sloppy job in other MUCH more hazardous ways. Ie: did they use zip
cord in places because they ran out of building wire too...?
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est

This is Turtle.

All the wires are run with # 12-no ground cloth Romex from the 15 amp breaker to
the 60 amp breaker. The owner use a 1,000 foot roll of #12-No ground cloth romex
to wire it with when he built it in 1954 and still has another 1,000 foot to use
as replacement wire when a wires burn . He only has about a 100 foot of the
1,000 ft. roll left to use up. I like the 2- 24,000 btu window units on 1 # 12
wire circuit with a 60 amp breaker. He does not understand the connection on all
the wires and plugs burning off from time to time. When both are running in the
summer the wire is hot as hell but will not burn up or off but just the plugs
and connection will burn off.

Well he has two new circuits run with new type Romex 12-2 with ground for the 2
of the beer coolers he has for my electricial would not use his cloth no ground
wire-- wire. These beer coolers only need 10 amps R.L.A. and 12 does good on 20
feet runs. I sub out electric work like this and I try to stay just HVAC/R .

TURTLE