Lee Gordon

On a serious note, I think it actually might be the ticket for some
things.

More than you may realize. This sort of thing is done (seriously) all the
time. Most of the time there is a narration instead of Scott Joplin music
but even as is this would probably be a very useful training aid. Keep in
mind that the procedure that seems simple and second-nature to you may not
be quite so obvious to someone in the field.
I have done numerous training videos over the years. One of the first was a
safety orientation for new employees of an explosives manufacturer. OSHA
required all new employees to undergo this training and it routinely took
the instructor away from his normal duties, so they produced a video so the
workers could get their orientation without inconveniencing other staff.
I have also done videos for Duracell to instruct new workers in the proper
steps for manufacturing certain types of batteries, and for Otis to show
their field technicians how to service a particular model of elevator. And
not long after 9/11 I did a video for Sikorsky Aircraft which consisted of a
complete explanation of the security clearance procedures which was required
viewing for all sub-contractors before they would even be allowed on the
premises.

Lee