Ted

Tim Wescott wrote:

Ted wrote:
I have a transformer from a dead microwave.

[snip]

This would be a good question for sci.electronics.design or
sci.electronics.basic. I would warn you about the off-topic political
posts on etc.design, but they're only the _second_ worst newsgroup in
that regard that I subscribe to.

The HV secondary has one connector attached to the frame because the
frame is grounded and the microwave is either operating on a
single-phase rectifier circuit, or with a voltage-doubling rectifier
circuit (probably single-phase, they're incredibly cheap).

Get a copy of the ARRL handbook, it'll have some good pointers on HV safety.

What are you trying to do that you need 1200 volts?

Nothing really. Your comments, and others', made me decide to be not
such a packrat and toss the thing.

Thanks for you input.

Ted

--