Percival P. Cassidy

Our previous home had 60A main fuses, and we blew one every now and
again until we rearranged some circuits between "legs."

Our current home has a 100A panel, and we have never tripped a breaker,
but many of the books I've read say that 200A is becoming more common.

I'm probably going to replace our subpanel in the basement by a 200A one
(mainly for the additional spaces: 32 instead of 20). Although it's a
SUBpanel (because the main panel is in the garage with only the main
breaker and a breaker for the garage circuit), it needs a large capacity
because everything but the garage is fed through it.

Perce

On 01/23/05 03:31 pm toller tossed the following ingredients into the
ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

Anyone know what kind of voltage comes through the service cables into a
subpanel? It is a 200 AMP panel.

You have two 120v wires, with 240v between them. 200a is a pretty big
subpanel; is that actually what you meant?