PJX

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 08:01:38 -0500, "John" wrote:
Hey everyone,

I have a simple single zone forced hot air heating system with a mechanical
thermostat. I believe it is low voltage. I have no AC.

I want to get a programable thermostat but don't understand the lingo.
On this site:
http://www.honeywell-thermostat.com/...hermostat.html
they talk about single stage, two stage, multi-stage etc.

What's a good thermostat to buy?
Jeff

Almost 5 years ago, I bought a cheapo Robertshaw 9600 programmable
thermostat. It was dirt cheap and has performed perfectly and I love
it. Therefore, I think that the cheaper thermostats will do fine
and the others have 'sucker' written all over them.

If I were to shop for another, some things I might change:

1. Slightly larger LCD display.

2. 7 day programmable instead of 5/2 .

That's all I can think of. I love it and it has saved lots of
money or made my home so much more comfortable than it was before.

PJ