Martik

"Ross Herbert" wrote in message
On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 03:43:50 GMT, Ross Herbert
wrote:

A great set of photos...

The motor is definitely a permanent magnet motor, so no field
winding...

Since you know the controller is ok the problem can only be in either
the armature or whatever is hooked up to the yellow and white wires on
the brushes pcb in the end cap. Since the armature is new it is
unlikely that there is an internal short in the winding, but this is
still a possibility. My guess is that whatever is connected to the
yellow and white wires provides some sort of feedback to the
controller and if this device is not working then the controller
doesn't know what to do.

PS.

Found this page http://www.scrollsaws.com/General/Chosing.html

Extract.

"Subject: Dremel scrollsaw
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2001 08:16:16 -0600
From: Rik White

Have you had the opportunity to use this piece of junk? I've been
through 3 since March. All suffer the same problem, they just plain
quit running for no apparent reason. The saw has many flaws but this
is the most frustrating. I thought you might want to add a review of
this paperweight to your website. Rik. "

It seems that someone else isn't too impressed with Dremel scroll saws
either.

Well, I'm getting pretty close to just bypassing the whole PS and replacing
the motor with an AC induction motor. Don't need the variable speed anyway.