CJT

It's no easy task to replace all the caps on a multi-layer board
with plated through holes. You are likely to end up with a dead board.
Try fault tracing on that one.

Replacing is easy. Fault finding not. Replace them using a soldering
iron of _sufficient_ power, though. If after replacing it still doesn't
work? Bad luck, consider a new board.

---
Met vriendelijke groet,

Maarten Bakker.

I think it can be difficult. Nonetheless, it's doable, and you can
also hire somebody with the proper tools to do it and still come away
with a lower bill than for a new MB.

When my Epox motherboard exhibited the problem, I sent it back to them
and they replaced the capacitors (at least the ones that were obviously
bad, but that's another story) for about 20 bucks. Even with shipping
that's less than a new MB would cost.