Steve wrote:
I'm a little confused by your post. Doesn't S2S normally mean that

the
two flat surfaces are planed smooth (relatively, anyway), and the

edges
are left rough? If that's the case, then just cut the rough edge off

in
your table saw. I don't understand why you need smooth edges if

you're
gonna cut to width anyway.

Yes, that's my understanding of S2S. It's also my understanding from
reading some old threads here that the rough edges may not be straight
enough to give you good results when placed against the table saw
fence. If the rough cut board is curved, then the table saw will
duplicate the curve on the now smooth side. You have to use one of
those "board straigntener" jigs or a fence extension that is as long as
the board in question.

I guess it depends on how "rough" the edge is.

Anyway, I have found another hardwood store in Dallas that will sell
S2S as described, so I'm on my way.

Tom