Default Furnance in Woodshop - House Air Quality

Howdy,

I have an oil furnance in my basement, which is also where I want to
place my woodshop. My concerns are not over blowing up the house.
They are over the air quality of the rest of my home.

I have no problem turning off the furnance when I am in the shop,
'cause it's my home and mine alone! But what about dust particles
being sent into the rest of my home where I won't be wearing a HEPA
mask when the furnance is on.

Will the open flames of the oil burning make that a non issue?
Frankly, I don't know how the internal parts of an oil burning furnance
work other than the oil is sprayed out and set on fire. So, I don't
know if the air passes through the flams thus litterally burning
anything that would be in the air or if it passes through heated
baffels or something.

Granted, I have a filter on the furnance, but I think that is on the
intake side.