Andy Hall

Default Motorised valves: suppliers?

On 06 Jul 2003 19:31:29 GMT, (OldScrawn) wrote:

I'm after a 22 mm motorised "changeover" valve (i.e. it would be SPDT if it
were electrics). As far as I know, central heating "3 port" valves give you
"one or both" rather than "one or the other". I could just use a Tee and two
"zone valves" with a relay to do the changeover, but can anyone suggest a
supplier for what I actually need? It's a very light industrial use (less than
once per day) so I was looking for central heating rather than serious
industrial type prices. Brass will be fine. Any advice on relative merits of
Danfoss / Honeywell?

Steve

You can get 3 port valves which will open to one port or the other
only; or that will do one or the other or both.

In either case, there will be a flow to both branches as the valve
moves.

Zone valves with a relay would also work and you could organise things
such that the water went to only one branch at a time (if that
matters).

www.discountedheating.co.uk have a good online selection; otherwise
any heating merchant.

Honeywell and Danfoss are both good products.

I wouldn't expect to get perfect seals out of this type of valve and
the pressure of operation is quite limited. If the pressure is a bit
higher, then washing machine solenoid valves are very cheap and do
completely shut off.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl