Suzie-Q

In article , "Walter Cohen"
wrote:

- Hello.
- The house we bought has a fireplace and this will be our first winter where
- we can actually make use of it.
- As we've never had a fireplace before I want to make sure I use it
- correctly.
- I've checked out several sights on the net about how to build fires and how
- to prime the flue, etc.
-
- One question I have is on the use (or not) of fireplace doors. My fireplace
- has two glass doors (no screens). From what I can tell the most common
- recommendation is to leave any doors open while the fire is burning.
-
- Thoughts on this?
- When should/could the doors be closed?
- Do you think it would be a good idea to obtain a screen for the from of the
- fireplace?

Just adding to what has already been said:
Check your fireplace to see if it has a fan. Mine has a little push-button
switch in the lower right hand corner of the fireplace. The fan sucks in
cool air at the bottom of the fireplace and blows out warm air from the top.
Yours may not have a fan, but I thought you'd want to check.
--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

http://www.suzanne-eckhardt.com/