Doug Kanter

"Mark" wrote in message
oups.com...
put a vapor barrier plastic sheets down over the bare earth and add
some ventilation
in the crawl space to the outside, then seal it from the rest of the
basement (in a way that you can open it for service access).

Mark

That's what I'm going to do in the spring, but I can't access it through the
small holes. The entire kitchen floor is in bad shape (some sort of
linoleum). So, my plan is to rip it out, and in the 1/3 of the room that's
over the crawlspace, take out the floorboards, too, giving me total access
to the bare earth.

There are no pipes in or near the crawlspace area. I want to believe (?) I'm
not risking much if I close the two access holes for 3-4 months.