James Amor

It is a tiled roof (terminology on my part!). There doesn't seem to be any
evidence of water penetration, but I though prevention mught be better than
cure!

Cheers for the info.

"chris French" wrote in message
In message , James Amor
writes
Following the recent high winds I ventured up into the roof (for the

first
time since moving in) to check for any damage. I was suprised to notice

that
there isn't any roof felt, you can see straight on to the underside of

the
tiles.

Is this normal?

for older houses yes. Not sure when they started using felt underneath
it, but our 30's semi didn't have any originally.

If so, is there anything I should be doing to keep the
weatherproofing in good condition?

Is there any evidence of problem.

The slates appear to have been pointed at
some stage, but most of it has fallen off. Should I look at repointing

the
inside of the roof?!

Slates or tiles? Our old tiled roof was pointed (it'd had gone, but the
evidence was left all over the loft....). We had slate roof and that
wasn't - I'd have thought slates were too thin.

As to what to do. Well, if there is no evidence of water penetration I'd
not worry about it.
--
Chris French, Leeds