Nick

"Chris Walton" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 15:13:40 +0000, Nick wrote:

I don't know if I'm tackling the job in completely the wrong way but

I've
always found screwing a batten accurately to a wall (e.g. for a shelf
support) very tedious.
It seems to me that the best way to get it positioned correctly is to

drill
through pre-drilled holes in the batten. But many of these universal

plastic
wall plugs need a much bigger hole than is required to clear the screw.

So I
end up drilling pilot holes in the wall and then opening them out to fit

the
plug.
I usually fix one end loosely, level it up, and then drill another hole.

seem to spend a lot of time changing drill bits and fixing and removing

the
batten.
Where am I going wrong?

I usually use hammer fixings, as these fit through the hole
and do not require you to remove the batten every time:

Chris

These look like the sort of thing I'm after. Please can you give me a quick
run-down on how you use them?
Nick.