Andy Hall

On 23 Jan 2005 06:25:28 -0800, "mjbarnard"
wrote:

Thanks John. I note that some include 2 and others 3 batteries.
Interestingly while most vendors are selling around the 230 mark but
include 3 batteries - a few are selling it for this price (or more) and
only include 2 batteries! For my personal use - 2 will likely be
sufficient and I prefer to save the difference.

Lurch's comments on Power Tools UK are very helpful - and should be
useful for future google searches. When I googled uk.d-i-y on their web
address I only found one thread in which someone complained that they
hadn't received their goods and enquired whether they were still
trading! Therefore these comments are most reassuring.
Have ordered the Makita 18V. Thanks for all the help.

I have this one, and have not run into any problems with running it
quite hard with two batteries.

I also have the smaller 14.4v one and that just about managed with
two, but three was comfortable.

Both chargers work well, so no real issue.

I don't think you'll be disappointed.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl