Wildcard

Seen a bad solder connection cause this in about 6 of these
models. At home right now or I would look it up. But it
was a connection on a coil (looking from the back) behind
the heat sink for the HOT. Somewhere in the horiz driver
section. The worst part is it dosen't look heat stressed
or cracked. It appears the solder just did not stick to the
lead of the coil too well.

BWL wrote:

Have an RCA CTC203CX chassis which starts, makes H.V., then shuts down. I have
the CD manual, but not a Chipper Checker. Folowing the troubleshooting guide in
manual, I replaced C144103 (.5 @250v) with a .45@250 (all I had) , and set came
on, produced pic. Shut off and restarted OK. Got a new .5 from local RCA
supplier, and installed, but set would not start (same symptom). Putting the
.45 back in didn't help. The set is not being shut down by the x-ray line, it
stays below .1v. Help!!!
TIA
Billy