Duane Bozarth

Silvan wrote:

Something with:

* cast iron tables
* a real fence
* tables long enough to joint a 4' board without sniping the hell out of it

If the tables and knives are properly adjusted, you shouldn't get snipe
irrespective of how long or short the bed is...

See if you can find the FWW review of 6" jointers of not too long
ago...it was actually pretty well done, I think...

For the mobile base, a small jointer is light enough it doesn't need a
lot...I'm thinking you could take one of the cheapie ones and get some
extra wheels and make a longer axle to replace the single wheels at each
corner to provide a width of 2- or 3x the standard?