John

I got some HD gift cards and I saw this unit for $299 at HD. Just
wondered if anyone had any practical experience with this particular
saw. And yeah... I know that there are better saws . Who actually
makes this saw for Rigid?

I have had one for a couple of years. I am satisfied for what I have used
it for. That includes cutting some small bowl blanks and cutting 3 inch
thick oak. I have not used it yet for any resawing and I did not get
the riser kit.
I have had no problems with tracking and like the cool blocks it came
with. I have a set of band rollers (the Harbor Freight $5 knock offs)
but have not tried them yet. Dust collection is so so but I am not sure
if that isn't the case with most saws in this class without modification.
At the time I looked at various other models at Woodworkers Supply when
they still existed. The Delta and Jet were more expensive, were not in
stock and were packaged in a way that would not fit into my car. They
also had a Reliant (sp?) - thought it was junk. The Rigid was in stock
(although I had to go to a second HD) and packaged differently.
Basically having the open stand to assemble was actually a plus for me
because the Delta closed base box was too big for the car. I think the
stand is adequately rigid and you can put a shelf on it.
John