Will

thats right! they held the hats. old age has taken a toll on my memory.

Dave Jackson wrote:
Those clips were not for holding songs and readings originally, they were to
hold a man's hat in the days gone by. They may prove difficult to find in
this day and age. --dave

"Andy Dingley" wrote in message

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 08:30:33 -0600, Will wrote:

I am lookiing for some of those spring loaded clips you used to find in
church pews,

Try an architectural salvage yard. Ours have loads of umberella racks
from the ends of pews, having cut down the pews into short "deacon's
benches" and sold them as decorator pieces. "Pew clips" (which I've
never seen) may well have gone through a similar fate.