Default Additional outside light

Well, I hooked up an exisiting outside lights (2 of them), and
lo-and-behold only 1 works, despite the wiring being there for both
(wiring goes from light 1 to light 2 which then goes to the loft -
where connected into the ring. To cut long story short the wire to
light 2 has been cut and I was able to pull the wire out.

So my question is how do I get a wire up an existing hole in the wall
and into the attic, the direction is not just up but also right then up
again. The wall is brick fascia and breeze block beneath.
Any ideas?

Thanks

MP