I wanted to use up my $150 in HD credit and figured it migt be worth a
shot. I don't see myself doing much in the way of resawing, and
frankly, I could probably get by with a 12" unit. I just don't want
something with an aluminum table and _no_ power, so I figured stay
away from those smaller bench-top units from Ryobi, Craftsman, or even
Delta.

Probably better off waiting for a used saw to come along.

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 19:51:36 -0600, tzipple
wrote:

I played with one. It was OK. A bit light and loud. More vibration that
I like. It has only a 3/4hp motor, which is pretty small for a real 14"
saw. Cutting smaller stuff would be fine. Resawing 8" maple would be
possible, I imagine, but slow.

On a budget, I would wait and get the Grizzley 14" for $125 more. You
only buy this kind of tool once every 10-20 years if you buy well.
Personally, I hate tools that are OK... too good to replace, not good
enough to enjoy and use easily for all of my needs. This is one of those
tools. OK, but not good enough to enjoy using. The Griz is closer to
being a tool that I would want to use for a deacde or two.

wrote:
I got some HD gift cards and I saw this unit for $299 at HD. Just
wondered if anyone had any practical experience with this particular
saw. And yeah... I know that there are better saws . Who actually
makes this saw for Rigid?