snowdog

A trick my father-in-law uses in his shop. Put all of you glues, etc.. into
a small cabinet, also mount a light bulb in the cabinet and leave the light
on. As long as it doesn't get into the negative temps you should be good to
go, at the very least it should keep everything above freezing. The key
here is small cabinet, a light bulb does give off heat but not enough to
heat some the size of a refrigerator. If you have a lot of stuff to
protect either make two small cabinets or go to multiple light bulbs.
Remember to raise everything up off the floor of the cabinet to allow air
flow.

John C

"Keith" wrote in message
news:1106492054.9a423b701a92b4c1ccbc86a3037f3e46@1 usenet...
What is the harm if my wood shop freezes from time to time?
My wood shop is a 20x20 separate building with a concrete floor. The walls
are
insulated and covered. The roof is 9 feet and has a pitch of 4 because of
the
low snow fall in the area. The roof is still open but doesn't have a ridge
vent
so it will hold it somewhat. I have glue and wood finishing products
stored in
the shop along with my tools. I use a propane heater to get the shop
heated up
in the morning and turn it off at night. It got down to 17 last night and
does
get below freezing from time to time.