Bob Schmall

"funster" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a print that requires me to put an interior hole in a part. It
requires all four corners to be rounded to a 1" radius. How do I do
that without having to buy a 1" drill bit and then having the router do
the straight part?

Also, on a different part, I am required to have all four exterior
corners rounded. How do I do that? Is there something on the market
that will work? I looked into the "route a corner", but it is
unsuitable for a 1" radius. An earlier post mentions the "radius
guide" from Woodhaven, but I was unable to find it on their website.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

1. Remove the word "perfect" from your vocabulary. Just flush it out of your
brain.
2. For the inside hole, buy a hole saw and 1" bit. Should be about $20 for
both, and you'll have the saw next time, just add other bits as needed.
3. As for the outside, see #1 first. Then use a saber saw, band saw or
router to carefully cut the corner just outside the line you've (yuve, Don)
drawn with a compass. Then sand/file to the line. If it ain't close enough
to within 1/100, see #1 again.
4. Relax--part of the satisfaction in the hobby is knowing that what you do
is mos def not machine made.

Bob