Ba r r y

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 21:12:31 -0500, "Dan White"
wrote:

Thanks for the tip.

Anytime.

I forgot to mention that grading info on any piece of lumber,
including sheet goods, is accompanied by the name of the standards
body.

I've not found a grade standard organization yet that didn't have a
website explaining the system. Google has never failed to put on the
site!

For instance, when I needed flooring, the locally available good stuff
was stamped NOFMA, which led me to NOFMA.org, which explained
everything I wanted to know. Same goes for plywood:
http://www.apawood.org/ Hardwood dealers usually don't stamp the
lumber itself, but simply make the grading standard they use public in
some way.

If it doesn't have any grading body's name or initials, I'd be wary.

Barry