Ian Stirling

jim rozen wrote:
In article , Grant Erwin says...

Hmm. Often when someone from an industry whose revenue source depends on
scarcity says "oh no you surely cannot do that" what it really means is
"oh my if everyone did that I'd be out of work". I vaguely remember the
letter, probably was HSM. I'd welcome it if anyone knows which -- since 1982
there have been over 135 issues, that's a LOT of reading.

If you do what you are proposing, you are making a boiler.

The requirements for boiler blow-offs are different than
ordinary pressure vessels, and you should understand the
differences before you put it to work, and see that you
have followed the requirements.

I seem to recall a boiler explosion in a vintage tractor
at a farm fair recently that killed a number of people.

AIUI, the guy had also failed to maintain it to such a degree
that 3 independant safety systems failed.