Pop

JJ wrote:
In article ,
says...
This is a question I am asking for my in-laws, so excuse me.
They
have a whole house alarm system with a phone dialer. The
installer
said
they should have the junction box for the phone line
(underground)
placed in their basement so it couldn't be cut or
disconnected.

Chances are, rather than go to the trouble of cutting the phone
wire,
the burglar will just smash a window, walk in (alarm
notwithstanding), take what they like, and leave well before
the
police show up. The average smash-and-grab takes no longer
than a
couple of minutes, far less than the average police response
time.

I'd suggest saving the time, effort, and money that you would
otherwise use moving the junction box and put it into the
installation of other things that will deter a thief, like
stronger
locks, window bars on easily-accessible windows, reinforced
door-lock
strike plates, and improved lighting. The idea is to make your
house
seem less appealing than that of your neighbours - most thieves
will
target the "easiest" house on a street rather than trouble
themselves
with one that is harder to access.

Unless they know what they're after & who has it/one.

Pop