Patriarch

"toller" wrote in
:

bookcases tend to get moved around less than tables. if this one gets
a lot of front to back racking forces it may have a tendency to split
the side panels.

That makes sense, thanks.
She really just wants this to look pretty and have some pictures and
flowers on it. I doubt she will even use the drawers.

I've learned not to predict how things will actually get used. Well built,
furniture lasts for many decades. Unless it is too ugly to bear looking
at, it will be passed around to family, friends, neighbors, folks who pick
stuff up on the curb on trash day, etc.

Build it to last, or you might as well go to Ikea.

Sorry for the rant. I feel better now. Didn't mean to rain on your
parade, either. Folks have been pretty helpful in trying to explain &
understand what you're trying to do here. That isn't the easiest thing to
do in a text group. And it's how understanding is passed on. That's a
very good thing.

Patriarch