Owen Lowe

In article ,
"Ray Sandusky" wrote:

it
will not be a good thing if the light is in front of you as you will be
forced to look into the bright light.

Just prior to moving my turning efforts to a work room in my basement
last weekend (too cold in my unheated garage), my lathe was in front of
a south-facing window for about 3 years. I liked it. It was nice to look
out the window while sanding or hollowing to watch the kid, the dogs,
birds or the grass grow. I don't recall the window light ever being a
distraction or hindrence to my turning. It was also nice to open the
window on the warm days plus I'd frequently put a fan in the window to
push the dust directly outside as it was much quieter than running the
dust collector.

In addition to the ambient light, I also had a 4' fluorescent suspended
a couple feet above the lathe plus a Moffat 100W incandescent task light
mounted to the lathe.

Just some thoughts relating my experiences.

as 100% Americanism." -- Huey P. Long