Tom Miller

A company called "Magnaflux" ?used to make equipment for checking cylinder
heads for cracks. They had a powerful magnet that latched onto the head. A
little puff pack then was used to spray powdered iron in the suspect area.
The powder built up around any discontinuity in the magnetic lines of force,
and showed up cracks even when they weren't visible otherwise.
Tom

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message
om...
Is there a way to make dowel pins show in a ground D-2 die part that has

two
5/32" pins that blend in perfectly? I use the random punch method now.
I've tried holding them up to the light to no avail.