John Rumm

Rich wrote:

document? Alternatively, where can I buy a ready-made fire door and
frame that conforms to BS8214? Can anyone recommend a low-cost
supplier?

I would expect at the simplest way is to buy the door ready made. Then
make up your own frame using an off-the-shelf door lining, with custom
made door stops. this is what I did for my loft conversion which also
required a 30 minute fire doors on all habitable rooms.

Wickes have a choice of about three internal fire doors, ranging from a
plain flat faced one at about £30, and nicer looking Georgian ones (4
panel, and 6 panel) at about 55 quid.

The difference between a standard door frame, and a fire door one, is
the thickness of the doorstops. These need to be at least 25mm thick on
the fire door. It is also a good idea to use fire door rated hinges
(three of them - Toolstation are cheap for these). You will also
probably need to fit a self-closer.

--
Cheers,

John.