Rich

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 15:26:56 GMT, Lobster
wrote:

Rich wrote:
I live in a flat and have become close friends with the lady in the
adjoining flat. We share the freehold on the property. We'd like to
put a door in the studwork wall that separates our two flats. I
understand this needs to be up to building reg standards with regards
fireproofing. Where can I find the correct
specifications/materials/thicknesses so that I can construct the door
and frame in compliance with the building regs? A drawing with
thicknesses indicated would be most ideal.

Thank you.

Rich

The relevant Building Regs document would be a good start:
http://tinyurl.com/63nks (or
http://www.odpm.gov.uk/stellent/grou...reg_027756.pdf)

David

Thanks for that David. It refers me to BS8214 which I couldn't find
anywhere on the internet. Lots of mentions of it but not the actual
specs it contains. At least I couldn't find it. Where I can get this
document? Alternatively, where can I buy a ready-made fire door and
frame that conforms to BS8214? Can anyone recommend a low-cost
supplier?

Thanks again,

Rich