Stephen Jones

Default Removing Old Microbore Radiator

"Harry Ziman" wrote in message ...
You can probably get fittings OK. If the valves work just close them on
either side of the radiator, disconnet the valves from the radiator
(draining it in the process) and the job is done. If you are luck you will
be able to connect the new radiator to the old valves (if they are fit) and
away you go with out bending pipes. You may want to replace/fit a TRV
though - you can get new valve heads for some models to replace the old
ones.
"Stephen Jones" wrote in message
om...
I have a very old microbore vented central heating system and I need
to remove a radiator whiles the wall its mounted on is removed. I
wondered if instead of draining the system I could conpress the pipes
, cut then bend to seal, maybe solder ? Also what size pipe is old
microbore. It looks around 8mm but everything else in the system is
not metric so I don't suspect this is. (1/2" and 3/4"). Also can you
get fittings to fit a new radiator onto the old system. It will
eventually all be replaced when I have more money

Thanks

Steve Jones

Sorry, forget to say the radiator is not going back since the wall its
mounted on will be going. I might try and move it to another wall
temporarily, depends how difficult it is. Eventually the whole central
heating system will be replaced, probably with standard 15mm. How do
you drain down a vented system. I have only ever drained a combi
boiler. I seem to have two large header tanks in loft.

Thanks